Thread: MC275 club
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 09:24 AM

Default EAT Tubes

Hey all. 'Love tracking this ongoing dialogue as a fellow MC275 addict.

Just to weigh in on tubes, I also had the gold lions for a while and I think they are hard to beat for their value for sure. I was, and could be, happy with them for a long time. That said, I did finally (in a loss of sanity my wife would probably argue) splurge and spring for the expensive EAT KT88s. My MC275s love them. All of the best sound traits of the Gold Lions seem accentuated to yet another level. I don't know if it will be worth the incremental cost for some in this already expensive hobby and certainly I respect that not everyone has the means, but I just wanted to share my experience. I'm curious if anyone else has tried the EATs. If nothing else, I think these amps with these tubes have now extinguished any amp upgrade bug I might have had - likely for as long as I'm blessed to walk the planet!

On another note, I did finally sell my C2300 and took another big splurge on a gently used C1100. All I can say is "wow!" for anyone who has the desire/means. The C2300 is a really great pre-amp; the C1100 is next level exquisite with our MC275s - among other things, I don't think I've ever heard a quieter background.

Happy listening!