View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveneumann View Post
You will love them and wonder why you didn't make the change sooner! I traded my Amati Futuras for Strads about 4 months ago and couldn't be happier. Take your time with set up and positioning, it is worth it. They are a little more fussy about set up than the Futuras.

In comparison to the Futuras, I find the Strads to deliver much greater scale, cleaner more extended treble, same beautiful midrange, and stronger tighter deeper bass.

Congratulations, you are in for a lot of fun ahead.
Dave. Thank you for your encouraging words regarding my incoming Strads. I have been following your adventures from Wilson to Sonus Faber; first with with the Amati Futura and now with the Stradivari.

One of my concerns is due to the multipurpose room where my stereo resides, I am somewhat limited to placement options unlike our intimate dedicated home theater room where my Amati Futura will go.

I bought my Amati’s new and my dealer (Wilson and Sonus Faber) was really able to dial my AF in my room to my satisfaction. Yes, I’ve read that the Stradivari can be picky regarding placement, but I’m hoping that the local setup person who Ivan has recommended for me will be able to make the Strad sing like my Amati Futura.