Thread: Rmaf 2017
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 04:56 PM

In a blog post about RMAF 2017 for his Audiostream website, Michael Lavorgna used an image of marijuana plants and wove humor about maijuana use in Colorado into the blog text.

I work in downtown Denver and know first-hand the impact to downtown Denver in general and 16th Street Mall and Civic Center Park in particular. The City and County of Denver has tried a number of things to deal with this problem (with varying degrees of success) including trying to limit the sale of single joints and increasing police presence. The latest April 20 weed rally was a disaster and the City and County of Denver banned the event for the next three years.

I was not pleased with the Audiostream blog and exchanged a few blog entry messages with Mr. Lavorgna. He cited some state-wide statistics indicating little impact of marijuana on crime. I do not know how these statistics were prepared but I am well-aware of the impact downtown and so are the officials (not just the mayor) of City and County of Denver.

Mr Lavorgna should stick to his area of expertise. He is certainly knowledgeable on computer audio, streaming, and related technology, and he promotes music discovery which is good. To avoid further on-line debating I gracefully asked him to delete my account at Audiostream, which he did.

If anyone attending RMAF 2017 chooses to go downtown at night, please be careful on the 16th Street Mall and in Civic Center Park.