View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 06:27 AM

Dear Toga,

Earlier this month I visited the Munich high-end hifi show. I was blown away by a few demos.

One was with NOLA speakers powered by full ARC gear (including your Ref 75). Cabling was with a complete Nordost Odin set-up !!!

The other was with ROCKPORT Altair 2 speakers driven by Absolare + MSB electronics. Cables from Echole brand. Actually I'm going to audition at home the Echole Obsession speaker cables in about 2 weeks.

I also would like to tell you that the (less known) German cable brand Schnerzinger works well with MAGICO speakers (the seller of my A-65 uses these cables on Q5 with a full Accuphase line-up). However, I'm afraid it's a concept for which you need to take ALL cables from the same brand. Nevertheless, sound quality on Q5 and also Zellaton speakers was excellent (in particular for the soundstage and no grain / very relaxed impression).

Odin are just too costly for me, though...
I'll report my findings on the ECHOLE cables. I have good hopes it will be interesting on my Sasha's

And BIG Congrats for your new dream speakers !!!