View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 05:45 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgrenwick View Post
I just had the opportunity to go to a fellow audiophiles house and listen to a very nice setup. Table was a Dr. Feickert and he had 802 D B&W's.
This is my second experience with the 800 series, the other time was a McIntosh rig.

I love the sound of these speakers but always find myself craving some bass. I understand these are a reference speaker, which I currently am listening on a reference monitor but can't help feel like there is no bass.

Is this part of the B&W sound?
Not trying to be rude just navigating the minefield of choosing the right speaker for my own stereo and taste

Thanks!
If you do some reading about the older B&W D series online, you'll find that comments about loose bass or lack of deep bass altogether is a common complaint. As Adam above said, this was addressed with the 800 D3 series which have much better specifications (and real world results). As always, adding a very fast, musical subwoofer such as a REL or JL Audio can always remedy a lack of low deep bass.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3