View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
It's the same as with cars and many other luxuries we have (or want). If I'm really really into cars, then yes it would be worth it to stretch my budget to get the car I want. If I am into stereos then I would stretch my budget for that.

Unfortunately for me, I'm into both, and I'm not rich So I have to compromise.

It is worth it to a certain degree, it's where your bank account gives out that keeps most of us grounded. That being said, you can buy a fun car for a reasonable amount of money and you can also buy a fun stereo for a reasonable amount of money. As long as you can put the stuff you want but can't afford out of your head, you will be happy.
I’ve read many articles on “being happy” and being happy while being “rich” by definition. Turns out, having more $$$$ than a “comfortable level” where one can afford to pay all the bills and have enough left over to indulge in things for the “soul”, having even $ millions on top, sadly doesn’t make one any more happy at all.

I know, hard to believe but it is true. Problem being is that the bigger more expensive “toys” are no more satisfying than the lesser but already useful and pleasurable ones. A Sophia owner may dream of Sasha, a Sasha owner dreams of Alexia and so it goes... Then there are those that buy the Wamm and are bored because there is nowhere to go after that.. It doesn’t seem to be the right answer at all.

Last edited by PHC1; 07-11-2019 at 12:31 PM.