View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclark2171 View Post
I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Dale Clark and I live in Columbus, OHio. As an audio/music enthusiast for years I'm looking to upgrade my lo-Mid fi system. Currently I have a Pioneer Elite Receiver VSX-43tx, Pioneer Elite DV-45A Universal Player and a pair of POLK RTi28 bookshelf speakers (live in condo). I also use an Apple TV for streaming. Over the next year, as we look for a house, I'm hoping to transition to higher end separates or integrated amp. I'm not interested in multi channel at the moment. Did the 5.1 thing, but was very cumbersome for our room layout. I enjoy 2 channel music and television. I am looking forward to researching components with the help of this forum. I would like to purchase a high quality stereo (or mono pair) amp to start out by year's end. A used McIntosh sounds so appealing. To start, I can use my recover as a pre. I will upgrade speakers once I see the room when we purchase a house. In the 70's and 80's I had two pioneer receivers (before the tan days) and a late 60's set of Fisher speakers. I also had an AKAI reel to reel and various Sharp, Teac, and Pioneer cassette decks. The TEAC was great. Also Pioneer, Technics and Dual turntables. Thanks for reading

Welcome Dale!