View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Musica Amantem View Post FWIW, I have settled on the Psvane CV-181 TII (gray coat, bronze base), as once settled it is the most revealing without becoming edgy at all, showing great composure and triggering the best from the KT-77, KT-66 and 6P3S-E output tubes in my rig, with the S.E. 274B mesh plate rectifier. The described choice is competitively rivaled by the Super-Radiotron 6SN7 GTA, and to a lesser extent, the Shuguang CV-181 T (black coat, white base). All these are great input tubes, but to me, the Psvane prevails. It takes a while to settle in, so it requires patience out of the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearCityUSA View Post
Thanks MA, I will srat here with your recommendations and see what further bliss i can find.
I have the Treasure CV-181 Z&T's, Psvane UK 6SN7, Psvane CV-181 TII (gray coat, bronze base) and the Shuguang WE6SN7. Though WE never made a 6SN7. I accumulated these after I got my Inspire amp. All were purchased from reputable sellers on the auction site. No issues with any of them. Some of them take a LONG time to settle in. So patience is required.

Over the years I've had all the trumpeted 6SN7's and, IMHO, these better or rival them. TS round plates are $450 a pair so these are not unreasonably priced. IMHO, if you are starting a collection of 6SN7's these are the way to go.