View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by C220MC275 View Post
Dan,

You're investing again in LP playback : these are good news !!
I see maybe a new TT coming !
Jerome
Jérôme.......Yes, I am hoping to improve the setup I presently have. I love my direct drive Micro Seiki DD-40 turntable. The m505 arm is an engineering marvel, and does so many things right. It tracks beautifully, allows tracking force adjustment, vertical tracking angle adjustment, and anti-skate adjustment, all while actually playing an album. The arm even has cartridge azimuth adjustment capabilities, too. The direct drive is dead silent, high torque, with servo control speed adjustment for 33 and 45 rpm. The speed stability is extremely stable. The turntable has adjustable shock mounted feet that allow accurate leveling of the turntable, and Tom at Turntable Depot manufactured a brand new dust cover for the Micro Seiki that is perfect. I love this 30 year old turntable. It is an engineering marvel, and a beauty to behold.

All of that said, it does not mean I might not consider a new turntable purchase, but I am not likely to part with the Micro Seiki no matter what other direction I may decide to go. When you own a piece of audio equipment for 30 years it becomes a part of you, especially since it still performs perfectly and looks brand new.

The Ortofon 2M Black has the expensive Shibata tip mounted on the cantilever, and is the same Shibata tip that is used on the Ortofon Jubilee moving coil cartridge ($2350.00). I am expecting the Ortofon 2M Black to sound very good. It is the first new cartridge I have purchased in over twenty years.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A