View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulphoosreal View Post
Thank you for the info. I couldn't make out whether the high pass was engaged or not. I like the fact the MLs give you so much adjustability.
I used the sound doctor CD and it helped immensely. Put my subs directly to outside of 7Ts,phase at 0 and polarity at 180. Volume at 11 o'clock. Crossover at 40HZ. High and low. Subs are 6 inches in front of mains. And angled to longest part of room. Must be my room but cannot make out subs in mix till lowest octave. Bass is very defined. That being said. Due to difference in cone materials I know I have subs working. Now my dilemma is go for full range speakers or be happy with a setup that meets most of what I need. Oh the joys of this wonderful hobby of ours. What to do, what to do.
"What to do, what to do." It's hard because the 7Ts with subs are really, really great. When you start with something great, you don't get "night and day" differences. I'm really delighted with the change I've made and would do it all over again. My non-audiophile friends say there's a night and day difference, but to my ears there isn't. I do think in some areas there is a significant difference. Dynamics: the PL500s go from soft to loud in a way the Aerial 7Ts with subs just couldn't do. Voices are powerful and soft at the same time. The soundstage has more front to back placement...solo instruments/singers seem to step forward, although you continue to hear everything else that's going on. One of my non-audiophile friend's listened for the first time on Saturday- her comments were "they are very clear, you can hear the lows, highs and every thing so clearly." Bass is powerful if the recording has it, if it doesn't you won't hear artificial bass. I've listened to more music without one thought about what's wrong since I've had the PL500s. To me that's the strongest endorsement I can provide. No absolutes and your experience may be different.