View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Butler View Post
Hi Lassej,

Flipping your argument on its head, sometimes products are expensive because they reflect the inefficiencies of the company building them, rather than being an absolute statement on their performance. We see this everyday with small manufacturers offering simple 2 or 3-way designs retailing for tens of thousands of dollars, with technology accessible to everybody. How many different designs using Scan-Speak or Vifa drivers does the world really need?

The right strategy for Bowers & Wilkins is best summarized by John Bowers' business philosophy- "If you build a better product, then you will sell it." This has guided the company from the very beginning and informs everything we do today. When you combine this with an amazing R&D division and our manufacturing efficiencies, you end up exactly the kind of "better products" John Bowers spoke of, but at prices that would be impossible to replicate by smaller companies.

Best Regards,

Patrick Butler
B&W Group North America
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the expanation. Yes, you are right and I really hope that the new D3 are that good at it should be due to the price. I still haven't got the time to listen to the new 802D3 due to having so much at work right now but I will have a real listening of them as soon as I got some time.

BR
Lasse
Speakers: B&W 802 Diamond.Pre/amplifier: Mark Levinson No:326S/Classé CP-800mk2/ Classé CA-2300/14BSST2.TT: Michell Orbe/SME 309/Benz Micro Wood Digital: Bryston BDA-3/BDP-2 & Mac mini, SOtM-200 Ultra, Roon, Synology NAS. CD/SACD: Marantz 7007
Cables: Supra/Van den Hul/ Isotek, AQ. Others: Isotek Aquaries/Finite Elements/SMT Wings/Entreq