View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Butler View Post
Hi Lassej,

Flipping your argument on its head, sometimes products are expensive because they reflect the inefficiencies of the company building them, rather than being an absolute statement on their performance. We see this everyday with small manufacturers offering simple 2 or 3-way designs retailing for tens of thousands of dollars, with technology accessible to everybody. How many different designs using Scan-Speak or Vifa drivers does the world really need?

The right strategy for Bowers & Wilkins is best summarized by John Bowers' business philosophy- "If you build a better product, then you will sell it." This has guided the company from the very beginning and informs everything we do today. When you combine this with an amazing R&D division and our manufacturing efficiencies, you end up exactly the kind of "better products" John Bowers spoke of, but at prices that would be impossible to replicate by smaller companies.

Best Regards,

Patrick Butler
B&W Group North America
I do agree with your over all statement. There are a lot of over priced small designs.

I wanted to point out though that ScanSpeaks line of drivers are among a top few driver manufactures producing some of the best quality drivers money can buy. They are used in many high end systems.

I'm not knocking B&W. I owned two pairs of the old 801 series II's and those old speakers with a huge quality power amp were VERY nice. I still miss them in some ways. I'd love to own the flagship speaker mentioned here but it's above my budget.