View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinster View Post
well ..... I just could not be patient enough and tried Ayre link...(using the original cables supplied with the amps.) They are awfully long. Nothing has blown up but it doesn't work. So on one occasion the amps went from standby to power on when I switched the preamp on with the remote but they did not go back into standby when I switched the preamp off with the remote. So could switch on but not off. The other function (dimming the lights) worked fine. However now one amp glows purple (low mains power) when switched on with Ayre link connected and doesn't ever go into standby or full on.
Despite reassurances that it tested perfectly it's still not right. Any suggestions?

I just feel that after buying these amps and then upgrading it should all work flawlessly, I sent the whole bang shoot to the dealer pre and both power amps so that they could make sure it all worked correctly. I am over this now but resale will not be good if not functionally normal.

I think my only recourse now is to send the lot back to Boulder, not sure if they will accept that but this has been going on for 7 months now, and needs to be fixed.
Again sorry for this frustration - I have been there with other products and sometimes it just is not meant to be. Life is short.

But from the way you described it, Ayrelink is working as intended - the units all power up instantly when one of the connected components is turned on. However, the components do not all turn off if you just briefly hit the remote power switch or the power on one of the connected components. to get everything to turn off you need to press and hold power button about 1-2 seconds. then everything should turn off.

I can't help with the low power violet light - is that only when Ayrelink connected or all the time. good luck