View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio bill View Post
As far as there being a market consensus about specific cable brands, I think you'll find in general there's very little consensus about anything among audiophiles! There are as many unique cable designs as there are opinions about them and their sonic attributes. Some feel that you're best advised using one brand of cable throughout your system since they're most likely to have some synergy, while combining different brands can take more time and effort to achieve a desired balance. You do not have to use the same brand of ICs between your source and preamp as you do between amp and preamp but you may find it easier to do so. There is no substitute for experimentation and it is strongly recommended to find a dealer to work with who can provide guidance for your system and hopefully some loaner cables to demo. When doing cable demos I'd suggest avoiding short listening sessions and quick changes, rather to listen to a given cable for an extended time and then switch back to your original reference. I find it usually obvious at that point to determine which is better.
Thank you Bill, this is very helpful.
So everything is subjective when it comes to cables? If I would to try and work with my dealer to experiment with different brands, what should I do first? Speaker cables? Source? Amps?