Thread: Mark Levinson
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawg View Post
Have you ever compared the No52 to the No326? I'm interested as to how much better the 52 is than the 326. Thinking about upgrading next year....just don't want to upgrade and have them come out with its replacement 30 days later. Hahaha
I have heard both of these in a very similar system but unfortunately with quite some time between. As you know audio memory can be short. Personally I was not totally moved by the No 326. That day I was comparing it to some ARC pre amps. When I heard the No 52, that was the only pre that I listened to that day. The rest of the system was Revel Salon 2's and they were driven by a ML amp.

The No 52 was fairly new and did not have many hours on it but I thought it sounded great. Probably the best SS pre that I have heard.

For the record I am a tube pre kind of guy and have a preference to ARC. At this point in time I do not see a future without ARC as my pre. If I was to go back to SS tomorrow one of the first pre amps I would audition is the No 52.

Based on my recollection I would suggest the No 52 is quite a bit better than the 326, but so is the price.

Last edited by Alki; 08-05-2017 at 12:28 AM.