Thread: New x260.8
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 05:24 AM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Jdsmoke,

Congrats on your upgrade. Your whole system looks fantastic. Exciting times for sure.

I'm presently considering either a McIntosh (w/ Martin Logan 13A) or Pass Lab - INT 250 or 250.8 or 260.8 - (w/ Magico A3) purchase. Two different sounds ... and I like them both.

Since you've had the Pass for sometime now and have experience with McIntosh can you describe some of the differences (sound stage, imaging, etc.) you are hearing?

As you know hearing amps in a show room isn't the same as hearing them in your own system. Both set ups I've heard above sound amazing. However, with short listening sessions it's difficult always discern the difference in amps, speakers, etc. While I know it's my ear that will make the final decision, your insights would be greatly appreciated.

And if you don't mind, one other thing you could help with is commenting on the heat generated by the Pass Labs monos. I live in FL. so, I already have too much heat and humidty. While I know it's more than the Mc, is it any kind of real issue per se, or just something people - including one of my dealers - talk about?

Looking forward to your insights. Thanks in advance.