Thread: Soulution Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
I heard the 725/701 combo driving the Q7's at the Mirage too. With and without the sub. How would you say this set up with the 701's compares to your 711 setup? Can you form a judgement based on what you heard? I own the 530 presently integrated presently and I am stepping up to the 725/711 combo. My dealer is graciously allowing me to home demo the 701's at the same time the 725/711 is being installed next month. I have Ansuz D cabling and the Raidho D5 speakers with Torus power. Any input would be greatly valued. Thanks.
Greetings Odyssey,

Only heard the Q7s/Soulution 701&725/Berkeley ref DAC combo with the sub at the Mirage and for only a handful of songs. But as you would expect given the similar configuration, I heard a very familiar sound to my Q7s/Soulution 711&725/Berkeley ref DAC system. The exception being that the 701's extra power provides a more relaxed presentation when the system is pushed, and the Magico Sub provides a seamlessly coherent foundation that can not be easily matched by a floor stander.

I also really liked the Vovox IC/speaker cables that were being used in the Magico room. Hoping to get a demo set to try out soon.

The next step for me is to finalize my IC/speaker cables and possibly moving up to the 701 monos. So I'd be very interested in hearing what you think of the 701s vis-a-vis the 711.

Glad to see a fellow Texan with Soulution amps. My daughter just moved to Austin and would
love to hear you Raidhos next time I'm in town. Best wishes,