View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellindo View Post
Hi and welcome to AA, Daniel.

The Monbrison you are mentioning above is the one I have at home (first old serie, with two 12AU7 on the line stage and two 12AX7 on the phono stage, and the output transformer). It's a very nice piece of audio equipment indeed.
I had to wait a couple of years to find one in France which was just "as new" (actually it was really NEW, from a hifi collector guy). Be patient et and the reward later will be even larger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adhesiv View Post
I recently upgraded from the Montille to a lower wattage amp (Cortese 8w) and feel the performance is excellent. I don't think I'm maxing out the Cortese at all and while the Montille is a very nice amp the Cortese just wipes the floor with it on the Nines. I guess my point is the wattage isn't really the issue it's just not the best match for the Nines.
Thanks for the kind replies and I actually gonna buy a Monbrison old model which have been a little bit "upgraded" by Ken Shindo last year. I hopefully get it next week. I need to start with that and later on see which amp I´m gonna buy or if I´m gonna keep the Montille.

I´m really glad to hear the Cortese 8 watt works perfectly with the Nines. I suspect that the Nines can be driven by almost anything above 8 watt it just a matter of combination...

problem in europe is that I can´t test the equipment at home I have to but to test so I really listen to you all on this forum.

Cheers
Daniel

Last edited by silwerfeldt; 06-03-2012 at 10:32 AM.