View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 12:25 PM

If I were to get a dedicated transport today, I would save up and go for the Simaudio MOON Neo 260D and not look back. I currently have the Cambridge CXC. It is a good unit for the price point, though by no means great. I have compared it A/B to TIDAL HiRes streaming in my system, and it clearly beats that. I agree with the characterization of it being a “transition” transport. It also has the major limitation of being a redbook only transport. Not a huge deal because most CDs are redbook in my collection. However I do have a few CD-Rs it cannot play, that I have not been able to enjoy with it. It is super affordable, but definitely not in the league of the others. Because of system configuration preferences, I will next upgrade to a CD player, and will hopefully offload my CXC in silver soon. It’s in good running shape. If you’re interested in it for a transition unit, just send me a PM. For me, it is an adequate “placeholder” for the price. From your initial requirements, it does not sound like the CXC would be your endgame player, with its limitations, though.