View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
What kind of meter are you using? 65 mV is a pretty low voltage, so you’ll need at least a 3 1/2 digit multimeter with a 200mV or 300mV range.

A good meter will operate correctly independent of battery voltage and then provide a clear indication that the battery is low and needs to be replaced.

I use a TPI 183 - good value. Fluke also makes a good multimeter.
Thanks for the reply.

I'm using a Fluke 11 Multimeter. It is an old meter and I do not remember the low battery icon showing but I could have missed it. I still have the old battery. I may put it back in just to see if icon shows.

The voltages are stable now so it was definitely the battery.

tdelahanty - I understand the .005 volts but the technician, who fixed the resistors that blew shortly after I purchased this amp used, always told me that I should not drive the power tubes any harder than they already are.