View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 09:21 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
Buck, I see what your saying but I still don't buy into it. With all the variables we have in our system to 'influence' sound (source component(s), preamp, amp, speakers and room) the last thing I'd want is more variables !!
Dave - yeah, I'm with you as far as a personal opinion. At least with me being seriously anal retentive, you can drive yourself crazy examining every single variable and how it can influence sound. I'm kind of glad I'm not wealthy enough to order cables from MIT, Transparent, Kimber, Audioquest, Wireworld, Tara, etc and have late night cable shootouts until 5 AM! Again, I'm not a physicist, but it just seems contrary to logic that a networked cable would produce a more accurate sound unless it was specifically tailored to the shortcomings of the audio system it was being hooked up to. Now a more pleasing sound based on X, then I can see how it would work based on a demo in someone's particular system.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3