View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
Colin,

I recently bought an Esoteric A-02 and when doing so I was told it was the last one available in Europe. My dealer did not know why they were being withdrawn from the European market but is seems rather odd as the preamps C-03X and C-02 seem to be available (at least in UK). Hopefully its a temporary thing and you will be able to try one as they are very nice indeed. I only have limited experience to make a comparison but I would say the A-02 is slightly on the warm side of neutral, has a great grip of the flow of music and produces a sound that you can listen to for hours without fatigue. I also have a K-01 although its still in its box awaiting my return from a work assignment in the Middle East (only six weeks to go!). Anyway, if you are in UK and would like to hear the A-02 and K-01 combination you would be welcome to visit me in Devon with a bunch of your favorite CDs/vinyl or ripped music files. Good luck with the A-02 hunt.
Hi, Paul. May I ask how much you paid for the A-02?
I'm also away from the uk for a while but on my return in a few weeks time I'll rent a container for my stuff and I might just bring back an esoteric rig with me if it's worth it.