View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
With an R-Nought of 4, you are very likely correct.

As for anti-viral treatment, the best things you can do is to wash your hands for 20 seconds several times/day if you go out to public places. Wear PVC gloves when handling or touching commonly touched public surfaces, e.g. gas pumps, door handles, window closures, arm rests, etc. Avoid touching your face, nose and eyes. Many people contract the cold, flu, RSV, and other respiratory viruses through contact with the eye & eyelid membranes. You can also take Sambucol, which is well-characterized for its anti-viral properties, especially for respiratory viruses. It was developed by an Israeli medical virologist. I kept my FIV+ cat alive for >5 years after he seroconverted by giving him Sambucol; the average life of a cat after seroconverting to FIV+ is...1 year.
Certainly good advice but as far as fomites are concerned I would recommend hand sanitizer. There is no evidence it can get through skin. It's a cold virus and spreads like the common cold. Use a knuckle to touch buttons. Keep plenty of hand sanitizer with you.

In other words what you do for the flu. It's amazing to me that while most folks don't even get their flu or shingles vaccines or other vaccines, now everyone is super concerned with Covid19. Why? Because it's the new virus in town. Take reasonable precautions but folks, you are probably going to catch this virus and the good news is, you will survive it and have some immunity afterwards.