View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 10:45 AM

Default Mid bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawg View Post
Hi guys ... been listening to Ethos for a few months at home now that are eventually destined for a secondary system when new house gets finished in April(New dedicated audio room roughly 22X28 with 9 foot ceilings). I really like the Ethos but want to move up as I move the Ethos to their new home. My question is ... what am I getting as I move into the larger panel sizes that are now offered by the new Masterpiece series? Having zero luck being able to demo the units side by side in any kind of listenable environment so am going to need some help understanding what I might get with a move up. The things I would love to experience is a bit more focus while retaining all of the qualities the Ethos have. Maybe a bit more depth overall and lower midrange detail as well. I get the bass is much better detailed and dialed in especially with the bass kit. So ... While I could go for the Renaissance are they really going to give me more of what I'm looking for over the Expressions? For that matter are the Expressions going to deliver those same improvements over the Ethos? Not sure I can't arrange an in home demo either so really need some good input here from those of you who may have heard these already in good environments. Thanks in advance for any advise!
I have ESL 15A now, had CLX Descent I x2 before if mid bass is your thing can,t go wrong with CLX and Bal. 212 that's some of the best mid bass and lower mid range I have ever heard from M.L. System to new to speak of ESL 15A. Will say room size might like Neoliths as I have read they need room to sing.