Thread: Yvette Review
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 11:58 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot View Post
Yes, a very positive review, except that the reviewer stated that he could detect changes in the sound if he only moved his head a bit. It seems to be best suited for a dedicated two channel setup, in which you can position everything for the optimal sound quality. I'm not sure it would be so good for a multi-use(music and movies) family room system like mine, in which the position of the speakers is pretty well determined by the placement of furniture, door openings, etc.

A couple of thoughts

First the positioning of theater speakers for proper playback means 5 precisely positioned speakers, not 2. It's certainly easier to fake it with theater but to do it right means no faking it in position, delays and gains is not an option. Want to see hoe it should be done? Check out the Dolby Digital Production Pages.

Yvettes can easily disappear from a broad range of listening positions depending on what the room will allow. In my living room, they are 7-1/2 ft away from me. Moving my head is no issue at all. In fact you can move two or three feet. Think of walking across a hall in front of the stage. The performer stays centered but is less precise than when you are directly in front of them.

As always ymmv.

(Disclaimer: I work for Wilson Audio and spend quite a bit of my time setting up Wilson speakers as well as teaching others how to do so.)