Thread: K1 ate a disk
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariess View Post
Here is an update on my experience to date on the K1 that ate my disc.

Esoteric asked me to send the unit to the place that does their US repairs in California using a freight service. This was on my dime (actually about 4000 of them [emoji846]) so I arranged shipment and it was picked up last Monday and arrived at the repair place this past Friday. The repair place told me that they opened the unit and found that the disc was indeed jammed in the player and that the tray was misaligned. They felt the safest option is to replace the disc transport. So yesterday they contacted Esoteric for the replacement. Now they are waiting on Esoteric in Japan to see if they have a replacement drive and to find out how long it will take Esoteric to get them the drive if they have it. It seems there is a middle layer facility in New Jersey that is in the discussion too. Everyone has been nice and professional so far, but communication between the US and Japan is rather slow due to the multiple layers and the time difference. And then there will be another slow up due to customs for a part coming in. My current hope is just that the repair place can get the part this week but am told that will require lots of things to align. Sigh.
Best of luck to you for fast shipment of the transport and getting your K1 back ASAP!