View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 12:21 PM

Lightbulb Love this review thread!

This review is timed just right for me. After tearing down and rebuilding my listening space earlier this year I am ready to upgrade my N100h to ether the N10 or W20.
I was headed towards the N10 but now better understanding the differences between the units I will look at the W20 again. I don't want to get the N10 and wish I'd bought the W20, then lose dollars on the eventual change to the W20.
I love my N100h and can't wait to hear what improvements the higher Aurender model will bring to my system.
(I haven't identified my system so quickly it's Theta Casablanca IVa, Ayre MX-R mono locks up front, Ayre stereo for tears, KEF Balde Two's and KEF Reference center and surroUndo, JL212's, Cardas cables, Artnovion acoustic treatments, Berkeley USB to AES converter), Oppo 205,Sony Ae1)

One question: I noted your preference for the Esoteric vs th Aurender. I wonder if something in the Esoteric's circuitry is responsible for the difference? If Esoteric made a streamer would it b superior? I guess I wonder how a device with more moving parts and greater chance for "error" sounds better than a player with no moving parts.

Thanks.
popspin