View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Not going to "argue" but will point out a simple fact that most high end audio manufacturers go to great lengths to build components with robust power supplies that are very well "voltage regulated", "filtered" and between the step down transformers, rectifiers and voltage regulators, you can expect a steady and filtered voltage of the desired level to feed the rest of the circuitry. Does that mean these devices have no use and are snake oil? From previous experience and I have tried quite a few over the years, they can and do change the sound somewhat. That term "somewhat" is left up to the interpretation of the end user.

Best approach is a "home audition" to determine if power conditioning, filtering or regeneration will benefit your particular case. With a return policy in place that is. Many manufacturers are starting to embrace that type of an approach and I would consider that fair, logical and honest.
I agree, in home with your gear is the only way to know what your going to get. I recently acquired a P5 and when compared to my Shunyata Talos I preferred the Talos. That however doesn't mean the Shunyata is better the the P5. If simply means that with my setup the Shunyata gives me the sound I prefer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.