View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 12:49 AM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0OBillO0o View Post
So looking at the bottom of the screen, looks like this forum runs on the popular vbulletin software. So hitting the google I found out that $400 and some server storage leasing can get anyone up an running should they choose to make a forum that is in another interest- other than audio. But what I found may help AA, should you choose to employ the capabilities listed in the two links below, they are how to guides to getting your forum software to perform as I have described above. vB Mail Reply - vBulletin.org Forum Email Integration (New threads/replies by email) - vBulletin.org Forum Hope that helps.
Neither of those programs are supported by the original code writers anymore. Which means they are dead. Also the code isn't up too par, putting it mildly, and we would have MASSIVE bugs/errors. One of the codes/software is from 2004! I can see from the code that it would be next to impossible for us to use this, due to the fact they "push" the data every 10 minutes! That would be a massive load on our servers/site.

Another issue is, anytime we add code/program/mod to our site we have to be sure the code is safe, with no backdoor access points or access to our members information. This is personally, my top priority and greatest concern.

By the way we run dedicated servers that backup on an almost constant basis with a 99% "uptime" guarantee. I can promise you that nobody can do, what we do here, for a few hundred bucks. Not only do I write code and work the server(s), but we have a team of experts(with different coding skill sets) also working. Our site is a pretty massive operation that I take very personally. I couldn't even tell you the amount of hours I put in everyday since this sites inception. I don't mind hearing ideas from users but we have to be careful with what we may think can be done, no big deal.
Krell S-1200U, Bryston Model T, Bryston Model TC1, JL F112 w/ stand, Krell S-1500 Amp, PS Audio P5, OPPO BDP-95, Sony 4K Ultra HD 55"X-850C monitor, Sony PS3, Wireworld cables, Furutech Flux-50 Filter, Stillpoints