View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 12:26 AM

A Sigma USB landed here this weekend and supplanted an Alpha USB. I have been stunned by how much better the Sigma is than the Alpha. The Sigma allows far more low level information to pass. It’s also more transparent and more dynamic. The improvements have been taking my breath away.

I was fortunate to be able to demo both the Sigma Ethernet and USB at the same time earlier this month. I wasn’t as sold on the Sigma Ethernet until I heard it combined with the Sigma USB. After hearing them together I knew I needed to have both. I now have both in place and I couldn’t be happier. Shunyata rocks!

Oh and one more thing. Earlier this year I also swapped my Anaconda interconnect for an Alpha interconnect. I think this might have left me even more stunned than the Sigma USB. The music seemed freed up - as if it had passed through a cable that had imposed far little of itself on it. I wondered how much cables will be able to vanish in the same way as Shunyata further advanced their art. I’m sure a Sigma interconnect could answer that question, but my bank account needs a long breather before I even think about going there.
Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri power cords, QSA Lanedri Revelation XLR interconnect, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256