View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 04:15 PM
Aspiring Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
The new Corvette is aiming to a younger generation not the boomers. GM had to do what it did with the Cadillac a few years back: make the brand more youthful. The sales of the Corvette have been sliding pretty badly. The old folks already bought their last Corvette. The younger generation is the one that GM wants (needs) to appeal to, not old folks like me. That said, from the pictures so far I like what they have done. In person it might be even better.

I personally see “corvette” guys jumping all over this. On paper it seems like the best corvette to date-

Mid engine will likely allow extra weight over the rear axle so you can actually put the power down. I’ve even heard whispers about an AWD variant-

I also see Porsche converts buying this as an alternative to a P car (when sales used to move the other way).

Rennlist (the Porsche forum) has a lot of folks talking about getting their deposits back from Porsche on GT4s and pursuing this instead.

Hopefully it is reliable and built with good longevity
Main > Aurender N10/N100 / Antipodes K50 > Aries Cerat Kassandra mk2 - Playback Designs Dream DAC > D'agostino Momentum HD > PS Audio P10 > D'Agostino S250 > Sonus Faber Aida / REL S812 Six Pack + 4 JL Audio F113 Fathoms > B&W Signature HTM > Anthem Statement D2v > Mcintosh MC205 > Focal 1000 (side surrounds) > Bryston TIW (rear surrounds)

Secondary System > Aurender N100h> AMR777SE > D'agostino Momentum Integrated > Wilson Sasha DAW