View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Thanks,

I currently have a PS8 and don't have enough outlets for my setup. So I also use a SurgeX that has an additional 6 outlets. The PS8/Defender/Delta NR are plugged into one outlet on the wall and the SurgeX into the other. My system includes the following components:

Plugged into PS8:
1. Mac C220 Preamp
2. Decware Taboo MK II Amp
3. Mac D150 DAC
4. Rega RP6 TT
5. Subwoofer 1
6. Subwoofer 2
7. 65" HDTV
8. Defender (into the first plug of the PS8)

Plugged into SurgeX:
8. HTPC
9. Pioneer Elite UDP
10. NAS
11. Switch
12. Cable Box

Hopefully within another year a set of Decware UFO25 mono block amps, so I will need 13 total outlets available.

So one PS8 won't cover it (hence the SurgeX). The SurgeX is pretty decent, however it's not as good as a Shunyata product and I was thinking about trying to swing a Denali at some point, but a Denali 6000/T won't have enough outlets by itself ... I can't afford 2 Denali's (plus 2 Denali 6000/T wouldn't cover it anyways). So my thoughts were to keep my PS8 and then add a Denali to expand my outlet coverage and then retire the SurgeX to my bedroom system.

As another less expensive alternative, I was thinking about buying a Denali 2000/T and plugging the PS8 into one outlet on the Denali and the SurgeX into the other outlet on the Denali. Not as optimum as a Denali 6000/T + PS8, but more optimum on my wallet.
You may want to take a look at the new Hydra Alpha A12.
Retail $3500

In my opinion, it is destined to become our most popular power conditioner due to its stunning performance, high capacity (12 outlets), patented technology and incredible build quality. Lifetime warranty says it all.

Production is just now coming online. First deliveries will begin soon.