View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
The top end end was a little bright for my tastes. Also, the lush rich midrange of the prior models has been reduced in favor of greater transparency and extension on both the bottom and top ends. It isn't major, but it noticeable. Still thinking about my options and which direction to go. I'd have to go with a used Amati Futura vs. a new Serafino Tradition, since they are similar in price. I couldn't afford a new Amati Tradition unfortunately.

Have you heard the Tradition series? What are your thoughts? I'm somewhat impartial to the aesthetics, as both the Futura and Tradition are very nice looking, though I like the Futura a little more.
Yes, did hear the Tradition Serafino on only one occasion when my dealer was hosting an event put on by ARC, Sonus Faber, and Shunyata Research. The main demo was the Sonus Faber IL Cremonese driven by the ARC Reference M 160 monoblocks. After the main event, they had a Serafino Tradition driven by an integrated ARC amp playing in another room. On that occasion that day, the music in all rooms tended to sound on the bright side. I wasn’t the only one that thought so. Not sure what the brightness was due too, but it can’t necessarily be blamed on the speakers. Maybe the setups or perhaps the streaming of the music that was being played simultaneously in all the rooms? Hard to know, but if I was in the market for a model in Tradition series, I would like to hear it again with a different setup. As you know, not only the gear, but the setup is so important to get the best out of a speaker.

Have you listened to the Tradition on numerous occasions with different gear and in different rooms with your own music to come to the conclusion that you did?