View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM3CPO View Post
I have Amati Futuras in graphite and chrome top and wanted to chime in about the tarnish issue you raised. I have one of the very first Futuras and I did indeed have some tarnishing of the chrome/nickel. Having said this, its extremely easy to return back to "new" simply by using a micro fiber cloth and a light application of carnauba wax. Its rather amazing; the wax makes the tarnish come off immediately almost like wiping off water. Just wanted to throw this out there so you knew there was no reason to avoid the chrome nickel finish.
Thanks for the tip. I may look into a pair of Graphite/Chrome Futuras then as well. Deciding between a used pair of Futuras vs. a new pair of Serafinos, which are in the same price range. The Serafinos are easier to drive and easier to place in medium sized rooms, but the aesthetics of the Futuras are stunning. Also, the Serafinos are more musically balanced top to bottom, while the Futuras have a greater midrange emphasis and more rolled off top end. Decisions, decisions.