View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cma29 View Post
Ok. I unpacked the Mye Stands and should have them installed by Friday. I just need a helper to hold the panels while changing the base and I should be able to get assistance on Friday when electricians are here to install a new dedicated 20-amp outlet and a whole house surge suppressor like Caelin Gabriel suggested.

By the way, the stands are heavy gauge, very well made and the craftsmanship is first rate.

Can't wait for the results.
The Mye Stands have been installed. I chose the "stealth" variation (all brackets are behind the panel) with round points. As I said before, the craftsmanship is first rate and all holes lined up correctly so the installation was fast and easy after I was able to remove the stock oval stands and place the panels on the floor.

The improvement is significant in the sense that the Mye Stands hold the panels in a more robust way than the stock feet can. For example, as I removed the oval stands, it became clear that the stock fasteners were not holding the panels very well and some of the screws were somewhat loose.

More importantly, the Mye Stands have two brackets that attach to the 20.7 panel 5 feet up from the bottom thus creating a very rigid structure and keeping the panel from flexing like it was able to do before. Below is a picture from the Mye Stands website showing what I mean.

I cannot listen to my system loudly enough this weekend to make a full evaluation, but from what I can hear so far the added rigidity results in better transparency, less smearing and tighter bass. These findings make sense to me in light of the added rigidity and I'm very happy with the upgrade.

Grant will send me longer round points so I can experiment with a configuration that will lift the panel off the ground a little more. He said my kit was the first one he ever did with a stealth/round point combo and he felt the points might be a little too short for the stealth configuration.

Bottom line:

Last edited by cma29; 03-02-2014 at 01:29 AM.