View Single Post
Old 10-30-2021, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
You don’t want an MEN220 w/ XRT2K’s. You want the now discontinued MQ109b Environmental Equalizer.

I use one with each pair of my XRT2K’s, it outperformed the MEN220 easily. My experience with the MEN220 was that functionality was decent, but it added noise; which was unacceptable.

The MQ109b has the basic low frequency compensation that was used in the original MQ101 design for the qverdamped woofer. In addition, there are five equalizer bands centered at 50Hz, 80Hz, 150Hz, 300Hz and 600Hz. The variable “Q” control for each frequency can be varied from narrow (Q = 4) to wide Q = 0.6). Both balanced and unbalanced input and output connectors are provided. The equalizer must be connected between the preamplifier and power amplifier. The power switch and power receptacle are located on the right side.

The B version is Balanced. Occasionally they show up used; in good condition they run about $1500.

Here is the owners manual;

https://www.vintageshifi.com/reperto...ers-Manual.pdf
I read about those but was not sure how many people have used them. Thanks for the information.