View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 12:30 AM

Well, the 3.7's are really, really good ... and bass is a subjective matter altogether. Of course, the dealer also talked about pairing them with subs, if one cares for deep good bass notes.

I have NOT heard a 3.6, but to me, these are definitely one of the best speakers I have heard, sans bass of course. Electronics used to drive them are the Naims and they dont seem to run out of power.

Midrange and highs are really smooth and clear and they are a notch above the 1.7's. Price wise, its also seem to be a good "mid point" pricing and I do think that a new 452 would suffice to bring out the best in them. Of course, if one is into mono amping, then the new 601's may be just about the amps to drive them. If the Naims can do a good job, the McIntosh I believe will do a better one (no offence to Naim owners).

I would love to hear a pair of 20.1 someday .... given what I have heard on their 1.6 (traded in pair), 1.7 & 3.7 (showroom demos), I believe the top model must be capable of greater performance.

Cheers!
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar