View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akfaulkner View Post
I have a classe sigma Ssp and had the amp5. I use the sigma Ssp for 2 channel movies and 2 channel audio as my DAC for digital audio. It's great! I use it for Chromecast, blue ray/CD and digital audio.

The amp5 was great as well, it powered my center (Wilson center 3) and rears however my theatre room got replaced to be a partial play room for my new son so I sold the amp5 and down changed to 2 channel.

I didn't try any other amp for the center or rears to compare but at the price point I was looking, it wasn't worth it to me to try anything else when they sounded great.

I did compare the classe cp800 to the sigma Ssp for music and I couldn't hear any difference in blind testing over a weekend so I went with the Ssp for more adaptability.

Hope this helps
Thank you! I have been very happy with my Classe gear. Nice to know that you did not hear a difference between the Sigma SSP and CP800 for music. Lucky enough that my Classe dealer is about an hour away so I can go down and check them out.