View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 02:57 PM
Life is beautiful

A man in the public wanted to hear more bass.
He thought the speakers weren't very capable in the lower octaves.

Ben then played this:

The first track, 'Celestial Echo' will show you what your speakers are capable of in the lower bass region!
The Kaya 25 nicely pressurised the large room.
Ben explained that in a small to medium sized room, the Kaya 25 will do, but in a bigger room, the surplus woofer area of the Kaya 45 and the Kaya 90 might be desirable.

When I listened to that same track later at home, I heard that the G2s go indeed (quite) a bit deeper, and have more impact.
But let's not forget that the Kaya 25 sells for 9,9K, and the G2s for 45K.

What I liked a lot is that the bass was tight, not muddy like in a lot other speaker concepts.
Combine that with very agreeable mids and ultraclear but not in the least harsh treble, and you have a speaker that is had to beat in the sub 10K class!

@Laurence Dickie: congratulations Sir!

Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables

Last edited by bart; 03-30-2019 at 03:28 PM.