Thread: New Maggie LRS
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatadan View Post
With this new model Magnepan states:

" The LRS (Little Ribbon Speaker) is a full-range quasi-ribbon speaker that was designed from the ground up to give you a pretty good idea what to expect from the 20.7 or 30.7. The LRS was designed using high-end electronics and mono blocks. The LRS will perform nicely with a receiver, but it was intentionally designed to extract the most from high-end amplifiers and electronics. The LRS expects more from a properly designed high-current amplifier. That is a radical departure from most entry-level loudspeakers. If you put your expensive high-end amplifier on the LRS, you will hear the difference. "

When I had the MG1.7i they took too much room as my room is only 9 ft wide which resulted in only 3 foot distance between inside edges of MG1.7i.

Ordered a pair of LRS this morning , hoping they will work better with my room.

Freq. Resp. LRS 50 - 20 kHz MG1.7i 40-24 kHz

Will advise how they sound when they come in.

Dan
Heard them at axpona in a hotel room and they sounded great. The small room might really be the ticket for these as long as you can get them out from the front wall. Putting them close to the side wall will improve bass as well. Guys have placed their maggies 6” from side walls with good results. . Let us know.