View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 03:57 PM

Thanks for all of the responses.

Audio Research responded this morning.

"These parts are the two heater-isolation 100 ohm 1/2W resistors. They are only damaged when an output tube arcs in that channel. One of the 4 output tubes in this channel has arced. Check the 1 ohm plate, 100 ohm screen and 1 ohm cathode resistors at each tube socket. One of these has likely blown open as a result of the arc. Do not use the REF150 until this has been repaired."

So I checked the resistors all around the power tubes and found one which read 304.4 ohms instead of 1 ohm. Strangely, it has not blown open and the resistor doesn't look blown like the two smaller ones.

I have responded to Audio Research with this information and the fact that the right binding posts are bent (well chassis is bent) so I can get an idea of what this is going to cost.

If you want to know who is the audio dealer in New Jersey that sold this amp to me, please PM me. I would stay away from that dealership.