View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 12:52 PM

mulveling you are absolutely correct. I got the cable names confused, as my friend gave me a box FULL of cables, mostly AQs but some other brands commingled in with them. You nailed both correctly. The Jaguars are interconnects.

Thanks to everyone’s input; I was unaware of mixing cables. Interesting.
Will try and experiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulveling View Post
Definitely, matched set and equal lengths per side. Bi-wire is usually better, all else being equal. But you might as well try the single-wire AQ cables and see what you think - they use very good quality copper and solid core conductors, which many audiophiles consider to be of significant advantage over stranded copper (like the Blue Jeans, I believe).

You're probably confusing the AQ model name - the "Jaguar" was one of their copper interconnects from 2 lines ago (more than 10 years ago now). This model did feature 24V bias at one time, but it was never a speaker cable. The "similar" cable in the speaker lineup of that time would probably be the "Pike's Peak". It too was copper, also featured an emerald green / black braid, and probably had 24V at one time too. You can always send the cables back to Audioquest's Irvine facility for re-termination to biwire, but that particular cable's geometry is not well suited for it. In fact the succeeding line (Tree series) rectified that shortcoming.
Subwoofer REL Stadium III Sub-Bass System BluRay Player Oppo BDP-105 Blu-Ray