Thread: iPod ?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 10:22 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
If you mean the still available iPod Touch which is solid state, it should work the same as an iPhone, which is what I use. Yes, you can download hi-res onto the iPod Touch.
For either an iPod Touch or iPhone, I recommend downloading the Onkyo HF player, which is free. It plays Music with better quality than iTunes and has numerous audiophile settings. For an additional cost (nominal), it will even play 192/24, DSD, and most files from your phone as I recall.
Well worth it and great sound as far as I’m concerned. I’m generally using it while traveling or on the go and can’t imagine what more a dedicated player could offer me under the imperfect conditions I listen in. In fact, I can’t imagine a more convenient way to listen to music in great quality with little hassle or inconvenience.
Sounds like a good, no/low hassle way to go, which is what I'm after.
Is it possible to download one's own music from CDs to the iPod or must one go thru iTunes or Spotify, etc.?
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag