View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat

Understood, Jérôme, depends on exaclty what "live" means to each person... That's what makes the hobby interesting. I can say that with the right electronics, Dyns can sound very much like live music. For a long time, folks thought that, due to their current requirements (due to their very large voice coils), you needed to use SS gear with them to provide lots of power (read: current). This was the prevailing view by many members of the Dyn community, evan as late as 2008 when I got first my first pair of Audience 72s. For example, Dyn often demo'd at shows and at dealers with Sim gear, and many owners used Bryston or Sim gear with their personal Dynaudio systems. But that view has changed quite a bit now with Dynaudio NA now distributing Octave tube products in North America, and folks are finding out that Dyns and tube gear really make for a great match, and the "verisimilitude" that tubes bring to the reproduction of music really can make Dyns shine with respect to sounding "live", if by live you mean like sounding like live music.

Cheers,
Stephen
Hi Stephen,
Yes I mean "live music".
I got your point.
I actually never heard them with tube amps.

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado