View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkval View Post
I cannot imagine, nor have I experienced, a more "musically satisfying" speaker. Many speaker setups have literally blown me away, but the Dynaudio is one that you want to turn on first thing in the morning and then stay up late at night listening to. They are a pure joy to have in the house - plus they can "knock your socks off" when you are in that kind of mood
Howard....
I think your post is really insightful because Dyns can be auditioned in way that can initially give the impression that they don't "blow your socks off'. At times they can come almost across as "understated" compared to others, but upon more extended listenign you realize that the get music "really right" and as you say, you can turn them on first thing in the morning and stay up at night listening to. And then when you challenge them with really complex and really dynamic music, and discover how they can scale, can go from soft to loud, from gentle to forceful and never break up or show any sign of strain, then they CAN blow your socks off...but in a real, musical way rather than perhaps a "hi-fi" way.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 02-28-2012 at 11:15 PM.