View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsmoke View Post
Ok, so if I go w upgrading the digital side, does Auralic or Aurendrer play Apple lossless? I have all my music stored that way via iTunes on an external hard drive. Do they both stream Spotify as well? It looked like the A10 was only a server and dac. Ideally I would like internal storage so I could just transfer the music from the external drive and then connect it back to my mini. Right now I don’t listen as often to my stored albums as I’m not fond of the workflow. Also, how does the Aurendrer and Auralic compare to the Esoteric N-05? I love my Esoteric SACD player so thought I would ask.

This might be a good solution. Thanks for the input. I was leaning towards a TT upgrade.

They will both play Apple lossless. Most servers like this will have a usb input so you could just hook up your external drive, but the A10 has 4Tb of onboard storage so you can also transfer your music to the A10. I don’t know if it handles Spotify.

The Auralic G1 does handle Spotify, but it doesn’t have onboard storage. Not sure if you can connect a usb drive to it, but you can feed it over the network from your pc.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2