View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 06:42 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffoc View Post
I know this thread is old but could you tell me a little about the differences between the MA2275 and the Bryston B-60? In addition I'm interested in learning how good the B-60 phono stage is
I liked pretty much everything about the B-60RP. It took a while to deliver as mine was the first they had built with an internal phono stage. I was listening to a Shure V15MR at the time and it was a terrific match. Had no adjustment for loading that I recall, but it worked very well with the Shure. Wore out a couple of styli with it. A really nice sound piece that I describe as fast & accurate without being bright.
The MA2275 just wouldn't 'sing' for me. I had a C2200 & pair or reissue MC75s and wanted to down size (always a mistake ). Frank Gow was at Audio Classics at the time and I always dealt with him (a total class act - may he RIP). Frank warned me that I was making a mistake, but I did not listen. I tried several months of tube-rolling and never could get a sound that I liked thru my 3 different sets of speakers. Just did not work for my ears. One of the most 'blah' sounding pieces of gear I've owned.
Since then I've had a BAT VK-300xSE and my current Cary SLI-80. Both terrific pieces of gear that are up there with the B-60RP, MA-6850 & MA-6600. Could easily live with any of them.
Hope I've answered your questions.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag