View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timm View Post
I know this thread is a bit old. But a couple of questions. Has anyone tried the PL HP amp in stereo mode and then moved to mono block mode by buying a second one? Is it a knee shaker? Or is it just a wee bit better?

Kevin you moved to the mono blocks from the integrated - you said it was terrific but I didn't see your comparison. Maybe I missed it.
timm,

Unfortunately I have not made the comparison between stereo and monoblock in my system. I have always been a fan and proponent of monoblock configuration for amps so just went that route initially. I will say that I have had ZERO regrets in going from my McIntosh equipment to the PrimaLuna. My system has never sounded better.

I have not started tube rolling for the power tubes yet, and am still using the stock EL34's. I keep thinking about the TungSol KT150's but they are pricey, especially as I would need 16 of them. The TungSol 7581A tubes also look like a very interesting consideration. I'll definitely post some comments if and or when I make the change.