Thread: 7T set up
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclearspot View Post
I found a pair to listen to. It was a large room about 18' x 30' with a raised area in the back(like a theater). The speakers were about 10' a part, 4' from side walls and the front baffle about 50" from the back wall. I sat about11' away. They were powered by an Ayre amp and cd player. I was not overly impressed, I'm thinking it was the room and setup.
I received my Aerial 7Ts a few days ago and I submit they are one of the best values in highend. To put in in perspective let me give a brief history of some of the speakers that I have owned: Mirage M1s, Devore Fidelity 8s, Artemis EOS, Audio Physics, Wilson Audio Sophia 2s, 3s, Sashas, Revel F52, Revel F208s, and I have listened to many others. I'm driving them with a relatively inexpensive Peachtree Nova220 SE and use a NAD 565bee CD player. My speaker cables are Silver Audio Symphony 48 and I use a Stereolab Black Cat digital cable to connect my CD player. My room enables me to place the speakers 5' from the front wall and several feet from the side walls. I have a bigger, more defined soundstage than ever before. The mid-range and tweeter is better than any speaker that I have owned. They have detail, but provide detail without being analytical. The Wilsons were a smidgen more dynamic. The Revel F208s had a larger sweet spot, but the imaging was a little diffused. I think the key to any speaker is buying the right speaker for your room.