View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 01:55 PM

My methods:
First one is butyl rubber bottle stoppers size 10. Put them under the plugs to hold them up here or there. Some places doubled up.

Second is BluTack. Run a roll of it around the plug base, (both Edison and IEC) press down, all around, bonding it to the electronics. Also lowers vibration. Stuff comes off well, I have used for years, reused endlessly.

Third on all IEC powercords I own, is some blue plumbers tape wrapped around the part of the IEC entering the receptacle. Usually about five six times around. Sloppy no problem. The Australian brand blue thicker tape does great on this. It is also a bit compressible. so it makes the IEC plug nice and snug. Normal white plumber's Teflon tape works, just need more layers, 8 to 10 or so.

On my main rack I have a thick screen on the back central spine and I Zip Tie AC cords to it so their weight is carried by the Zip Tie. This also keep the AC cords against the metal spine, and away from any interconnects, which I allow to wander free.

And finally a tweak I have used on Edison AC plugs for several years. White Teflon plumber's tape. Cut two inch long bits and wrap each AC metal prong (after using Caig Gold) wrap each tight, and then push down to the base. This leaves a Teflon bulge about 2mm tall on each AC prong. and those seal the plug metal in the Duplex receptacle, also reduce vibration.